Fraudsters have one goal, to gain access to your sensitive information—and money. Because of this, they will use any tactic necessary to earn your trust, including pretending to represent your financial institution. This approach is intended to make them seem legitimate so that they can instill a sense of urgency.
Please remember that when a Yolo Federal representative contacts you, they won’t
- Ask for your online banking credentials.
- Ask for you to provide a two-factor authentication code sent to your phone or email.
If someone asks for any of the information above—or if you’re ever in doubt—hang up and call us directly.
Ways Yolo FCU helps you protect yourself.
- You are protected against fraudulent charges on your Yolo FCU Debit and Credit Cards
- Card Control allows you to turn your Yolo FCU Debit and Credit Cards on/off
- Digital Wallets provide an added layer of security when purchasing online or in stores
- Fraud Text Alerts and Account Alerts can help you monitor your account
If you suspect fraud or have questions, please call us or schedule an appointment with a Yolo FCU Representative.