What Is It?
WISH from Yolo Federal
Believe it—there are affordable homes out there and, one of them could be yours. If your household income does not exceed 80% of the local median income, you could qualify for up to $29,172 of housing assistance.
Why Yolo Federal
Save for your dreams
- Reduce your downpayment and monthly housing bills
- Buy a home in a neighborhood you love
- Save up to $29,172
How do I know if I am eligible?
These are the current eligibility requirements for WISH:
- The homebuyer has successfully completed a HUD approved homebuyer counseling program.
- The homebuyer is participating in another Mortgage Assistance Program.
- The homebuyer must obtain his/her primary mortgage financing from Yolo Federal Credit Union.
- The household income does not exceed 80% of the HUD Area Median Income (see AMI guidelines below).
What is the HUD Area Median Income?
The income is updated each year. WISH Program Information 2023 includes the current rates.
Are there any repayment requirements?
Potentially. You may be required to return all (or a portion) the WISH grant funds if the home ceases to be your primary residence within 5 years of purchasing the property.