Along with the warm weather and sunny skies, summer brings the itch to travel. Whether that includes hopping on a plane or hitting the road, how we travel has changed. After being at a near standstill, taking a break from life and embarking on an adventure comes with a few additional planning considerations. To ensure you’re prepared, we’ve compiled these 5 tips:
- Flexibility is key. Whether you’re traveling by air or hitting the highway, making sure your plans are flexible will help you be prepared if there are changes outside of your control. Many airlines removed their change fees, making it easier to reschedule without taking a hit to your travel budget. However, as the number of passengers increases, old policies are starting to resurface. That’s why it’s essential to read the fine print. Take the time to understand the policies of your ticket and if you should consider purchasing travel insurance—keep in mind not all travel insurance covers “for any reason,” so it’s important to do your homework.
- Review travel guidelines. Things can change in an instant. Make sure you’re up-to-date on local travel guidelines or restrictions, as well as where you’re traveling to—especially if you’re headed to another country. If you plan to travel internationally, review the CDC guidelines to avoid any surprises upon your return to the U.S.
- Plan ahead… Taking care of the small details now for longer or international trips will be beneficial in the long run. A few things to consider include: renewing passports, checking visa requirements, or getting new luggage.
- …Or not. The need to be flexible has led to an increase in spontaneity. More individuals are booking last-minute trips to take advantage of discounted flights or are squeezing in a quick get-away to skip the unknowns that come with a trip several months away.
- Go local or locial’ish. There are so many great places to visit right here in the U.S., even on the West Coast. Some destinations are only a day’s drive away. Plus, you could avoid the extra considerations that come with international travel.
However you plan to enjoy the summer, make sure to take advantage of the card that gives you cashback. When you use your Visa® Platinum CashBack Plus Card to pay for your next adventure, you’ll not only have peace of mind from the travel benefits that come with your Platinum card, but you’ll earn points towards cashback, travel, and more! Learn more about our special offer or apply today.