Yolo Federal Credit Union, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, has been exclusively serving Yolo County since 1954. Originally chartered to serve Yolo County Employees we expanded our field of membership in 1997 to include all who live, work, worship or attend school in Yolo County. Consistently voted “Best of Yolo County” reflects our commitment to our industry’s motto of “people helping people.” We are Yolo County’s financial institution of choice serving our friends and neighbors with quality financial products and an exceptional level of service.
We offer a full range of products and services from savings and checking accounts, business services, consumer and mortgage loans, to convenience services such as online banking and electronic bill payer. Membership is easy to obtain at Yolo FCU. Discover the local difference by visiting your nearest branch location, calling (530) 668-2700 or clicking here to join now.
"We help you achieve financial success and build wealth."
A Look Back
On March 1, 1954 Yolo County Employees Federal Credit Union was organized under Federal charter #9293 and has remained federally chartered since establishment. The credit union was organized by a handful of local sheriff department employees with the sole purpose of providing financial assistance to fellow incoming deputy sheriffs who were required to purchase special equipment prior to employment. These early pioneers of Yolo FCU focused on the core value of “people helping people” with the sheer determination that they could make a difference. Thus our tagline added years later, “Discover the Local Difference!” reflects their founding principles.
Our original charter of 1954 allowed us to serve Yolo County and Yolo County Housing Authority, employees and their immediate family members. After our initial charter we expanded to include a wide variety of other sponsor companies located in Yolo County. In September, 1997 we applied and were granted a change to a Community Charter that allowed us to serve all of Yolo County.
Mortgage Originator - (Full Time)
A summary of the position requirements and responsibilities are as follows:
• Time is spent soliciting and selling mortgage loans within multiple branch offices and through field work throughout Yolo County. Receives leads by referrals, networking events, telephone, fax, email or system reports. Drives revenue and sales to meet personal targets. Intelligently prospects, profiles, identifies and closes business with existing and potential members through consistent warm calling, networking, and other lead generation means. Maintains accurate records.
• Uses a Customer Relationship Management program to retrieve and document member data and contact history information.
• Manages and maintains mortgage loan pipeline. Develops referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts).
• Works with assigned branch office(s) to maintain awareness of loan products and policies so as to be able to effectively sell them. Handles referrals from each branch office and provides appropriate follow-up and feedback.
• Maintains knowledge of Yolo Federal Credit Union’s policies and procedures, available loan products and general departmental guidelines.
• Provides and takes applicant information by completing appropriate forms. Utilizes computer or laptop for communication and access of daily rates, applicant credit reports, and transmitting loan documents to Underwriting. Collects appropriate documentation from each applicant and responds to leads within the time frames set by management. Attends and participates in Sales and department meetings.
• Requires selling capability. Requires a broad knowledge of real estate lending processes typically acquired from a minimum of 12 months of originating, processing, underwriting, closing and/or servicing mortgage loans. Requires a broad knowledge of secondary market guidelines including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and VA. Requires compliance with all real estate lending laws and regulations. S.A.F.E. act registration and NMLS# will be required at time of employment.
A successful candidate will be dependable; detailed oriented and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. After a probationary period, this position provides a base salary plus a commission structure based on a percentage of sales. We provide a comprehensive benefit package and reward employees for advanced skills and performance. We are an employer of choice in Yolo County offering an excellent working environment, great training and personal growth opportunities. All candidates must be bondable, pass a criminal background check and participate in pre-employment assessments.
If our job opportunity is of interest to you, please send resume via email to HR@yolofcu.org no later than September 28. 2014.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Yolo Federal Credit Union prides itself as an employer of choice in Yolo County. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salaries, clear performance expectations, and a positive work environment. A summary of the benefits you may be eligible for:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- CalPERS Retirement
- 401(k) Plan
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Fee Waivers and Loan Rate Reduction
- Social Security
At Yolo Federal Credit Union, our core values are not only inherent in our corporate culture, but they are built into our processes and reinforced as early as employee orientation. Our core values define who we are and help us remember what is important.
- We are member driven and feel a sense of urgency when dealing with our members.
- We value and respect each other and our members.
- We strive to be courteous, fair and compassionate in all of our relationships.
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We take responsibility for our actions and are accountable for our behavior. Illegal or improper behavior is not tolerated.
- We have properly trained, empowered employees who are rewarded for increased skills and knowledge improvement.
- We work together to achieve the vision and goals of the credit union. Everyone is responsible for the outcome.
- We demonstrate community responsibility through meaningful involvement within Yolo County.
Yolo Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap or veteran status.